<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Savvy Spender
Live Well For Less


  • Blogroll Me!

    Welcome to Savvy Spender!

    Friday, September 16, 2005
    Since this is my very first post, let me first welcome you and explain a little about myself. I love to shop, and I love living well (some of my friends and family would say very well!); but I want to do both in the smartest financial way possible. I want to share my many ideas to help everyone live well on whatever money or income they have available. I had to learn the hard way how to turn massive debt around - I married someone who had a negative net worth of close to $30,000 (due to student loans for a bachelors degree). I was still in college when we got married, and to make matters worse, we eloped (i.e. no wedding gifts or money at all)! We had our first child four years later and sacrificed my income for me to be home, and began using credit cards at 21.9% interest to supplement income. When we decided to save for a starter home I began reading almost every financial and personal finance book our library had to offer. To make a long story short, we learned how to pay off the debt, save, spend wisely, and we have been very successful. I would love to share what I have learned and help make the road to financial success an exciting journey!