<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Savvy Spender
Live Well For Less


  • Blogroll Me!

    Enjoy Today

    Wednesday, September 28, 2005
    Enjoy today - try something new! A couple of ideas:

    1. Try to appreciate what you have and where you are right now - try to "live in the moment" as they say. (For instance, notice the colors in nature because the cold hand of winter is quickly approaching.)

    2. Try to make someone else's life just a little bit easier - but don't tell anyone you did it. I think I heard that idea on an Oprah show years ago. I try to do it often because it is fun and it is like keeping a secret to yourself and also makes it more powerful because you did it out of the goodness of your heart and not for any personal gain or praise or recognition. It can be something as simple as leaving a coupon that you don't need in front of the item on the shelf, or helping and elderly person who is struggling with their cart in the parking lot load their groceries. (Or in that case a very pregnant mom who has children in tow! )

    3. Try to leave guilt behind you! I heard somewhere that in some cultures there is no word for guilt. You may regret something or wish things had been different, but you did the best you could with the knowledge you had at the time. They do not feel you should carry the weight of the guilt around with you, it can keep you from making positive changes in your life for the better. (For me this means no guilt for having not talked to my Mom for a couple of days!)

    4. Try an experiment that is a lot of fun tomorrow morning. When you first wake up instead of jumping out of bed right away try to recall your dreams. It is a lot of fun - I just tried it with my daughter this morning! (When I tried it myself the last time my dream was that one of my favorite groups The Dave Matthews Band was going to play at my house but they were making my family and I help them setup and Dave was nowhere to be found!)